Sunday, December 17, 2006

Patience

I believe in patience. It's just a small thing I do. Which is always try to be patient. Although i try and remember this word, somedays i am only human I get restless with my life. So in order to try and remember to patient. I had it tattooed on my body. My right leg to be exact.


There is a well known Chinese saying - "The character for patience has a knife over the heart". In other words, it is unwise to provoke a persons patience.

However the truly patient heart is a fir one. In the character, the "knife blade", bears down on the "heart", yet the heart perseveres and endures.

It can also be translated to "tolerance". The chinese language makes no distinction between this attribute and "patience" for the firm heart is also a tolerant one.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Great use of metaphors. Often we forget to be patient, but it is with patience that we fully see things as they are. Good things come to those who wait, and all that jazz.
When I read your Chinese saying - "The character for patience has a knife over the heart", I thought it meant 'those who are patient can overpower those who aren't'. haha.
I need more than a tattoo to remind me of this virtue, for the most part :P